Rodney John Wolverson (1942 -)
Provincial Grand Master 2006 - 2015
The following is taken from "Freemasonry Today - Issue 36"
The Province of Cambridgeshire were honoured recently by the presence of David Williamson, Assistant Grand Master, who installed and invested Rodney Wolverson as the new Provincial Grand Master for Cambridgeshire.
Many distinguished Brethren from neighbouring Provinces came to support the new Ruler, including 10 current Provincial Grand Masters and 4 Past Provincial Grand Masters.
In his inaugural address, the new Provincial Grand Master said that he was a very lucky man. ‘I have inherited from my greatly respected predecessor Colin Hutchinson a very happy and successful Province’, he said. ‘With only 27 lodges, we are one of the smallest Provinces, which gives us the substantial advantage of being able to get to know each other so much better, and to be the truly happy masonic family which we are.’ We must never ignore the core values of masonry, he said, ‘but we should also bear in mind that whilst masonry should not only be uplifting and spiritually rewarding, it should also be an enjoyable experience and our evenings together should be fun.’
- 1978 Initiated Thirkill Lodge, No. 7333
- 1981 Exalted Fidelity Royal Arch Chapter, No. 441
- 1982 Perfected Cantabrigia Rose Croix Chapter, No. 112
- 1987 Master Thirkill Lodge, No. 7333
- 1987 Founder, Three Virtues Rose Croix Chapter, No. 972
- 1988 Joined Alma Mater Lodge, No. 1492
- 1992 First Principal Fidelity Chapter, No. 441
- 1993 Founder Cambridgeshire First Principals’ Chapter, No. 7429
- 1996 Master Alma Mater Lodge, No. 1492
- 2004 First Principal, Cambridgeshire First Principals Chapter, No. 7429
- 2005 Founder Concordia Ducum Lodge, No. 9798
- 2006 Provincial Grand Master Cambridgeshire